Friday 27 November 2009

Fire Practice at Inner Skaw

I'm afraid I don't know the exact date of the Fire Practice at Inner Skaw illustrated in the pictures below but it is believed to be in the early 70's. The only participant to be named at this stage is second from the left in the first picture - Malcolm Maddison (Maddy),  a Medic who worked in Sick Quarters.

I'm pretty sure that most historians would not approve of this use of the buildings on the old wartime RAF Skaw base!
 
Links to a few more pieces in the blog about the Saxa Fire Section here:
CONTENTS LIST


1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of similar 'hot fires' we had in the mid 70's at Skaw. I'm sure our TACR was then green! The environmental impact makes me cringe now, but at the time it was all great fun and very good training...

    ReplyDelete